Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Most Terrifying moment of my life so far...

The most terrifying moment of my life so far actually happens everyday.  It all starts when i am rushed from fifth hour to the cafeteria for lunch.  Normally i sit down at my table with my cold lunch friends and we talk for a while, waiting for the check out lines to die down.   The now deafing chatter in the lunch room tells me that the lines are gone and it is time to go get food. I make my way there, picking out my favorite meal,  grabbing a chocolate milk carton.  As i walk my heart rate starts to climb, the moment is getting closer.  There is no way to avoid it.  I walk on toward the check out grabbing some chips from the rack as i go.  I put in my lunch password, my chest is about to explode.  My sweaty hand in my pocket clutches my wallet for dear life.  This is the moment i dread everyday for it is unavoidable.  Do i have enough money in my account?  Will i be yelled at for not having enough? What if i have to go into the backroom and ask the boss lunch lady for permission to go into the hole?As i punch my last numbers into the machine, i barely manage to spit out my own name.  The lunch lady (or Lord) punches into her computer what i have on my tray.  Feeling like i am about to ralph, the computer in its electronic voice say "Thank you, come again".  I walk proudly away. My heart is calming down.  Before i know it i am back with my friends ready to eat my meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment