Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I wake up and try to take a deep breath, but the deeper the breath the more severe the pain. The ground is hard beneath my back, and I feel a dull pain in my arm…

But so life has become here in Sudan.  It's been ten years since i joined the rebelion.  I was just 8 years old.  We fight for freedom and revenge on our country for what they have done to our tribes.  We encounter enemy troops daily. The battles are short, but gruesome.  I am the sole surviver from my tribe when we joined up.  When i try and remember that day when the rebelion came to recruite it seemed more like we were kidnapped, but i am glad they took me.  The people i have met here have made me strong, or atleast strong enough to kill for my country.

I try to sit up in my tent.  The chatter of gun fire off in the distance starts the sooth me back into sleep.  But i know i need to get up now and begin my day.  I unzip my tent and look outside.  The fires have been made and there are some other boys watch the new "Rambo" movie that we just got.  I reach back into my tent and pick up my AK47, strapping it back onto my back.  I feel naked when i dont have it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment